After Sacred Heart's upset of Woodland Thursday night, of course my playoff projections have changed (and you know there are going to be more predictions I made around the state that will be wrong, too). Here's the update and how I think Class S will shake out now:
1. Hyde Leadership: 10-0, 154.00 avg.
2. Ansonia: 10-0, 154.00 avg. (loses tiebreaker to Hyde due to tiebreaker points)
3. Montville: 9-1, 137.00 avg.
4. Valley Regional: 9-1, 131.00 avg.
5. Cromwell: 8-2, 111.00 avg.
6. Sacred Heart: 7-3, 110.00 avg.
7. Woodland: 7-3, 110.00 avg. (loses tiebreaker to Sacred Heart due to head-to-head)
8. St. Joseph: 7-3, 106.00 avg.
This list is contentious on the following happening:
- Hyde winning out, including win over Valley Regional and Coginchaug
- Ansonia winning out, including a win over Naugatuck
- Montville winning out
- Valley Regional losing to Hyde
- Cromwell winning out, including a win over Coginchaug
- Sacred Heart beating Wilby
- Woodland beating Seymour
- St. Joseph losing to either Greenwich or Trumbull
- Coginchaug losing at least two of its final three games (against Hyde, North Branford, and Cromwell)
- Holy Cross losing to Naugatuck but beating Wolcott
Sacred Heart's win may have saved Ansonia from having to play the NVL championship game next Thursday, but it also cost the Chargers 10 bonus points that look like will drop Ansonia from first to second. Yes, that's right: It looks like we could get Ansonia-Woodland in the first round of states.
If Holy Cross wins out, it will take over St. Joseph's eighth spot, if all the above happens, like I believe it will.
Fun, isn't it?