NVL Championship Game Set

It's Naugatuck versus Ansonia on Thanksgiving for the Naugatuck Valley League championship.

Naugy just finished beating Holy Cross, 24-13, to clinch the Copper Division title. Congratulations to the Hounds.

Holy Cross did not make it easy for the Hounds this evening. Some of the play-calling was suspect for Naugy, but it pulled off the win with two big scores to put the game out of reach for Cross.

Kyle's take: Naugatuck didn't strike me as coming out with much of a sense of urgency throughout the first half, which really surprised me. Kudos to Holy Cross, which played like it had a state playoff berth on the line (which it did, but probably doesn't anymore). The Crusaders played much better defense than I thought and were crushed four times on interceptions. Naugy was unimpressive on offense for the second-straight week but got a very good performance out of its defense.

Based on watching Naugatuck over the last few weeks, I'm giving the early nod to Ansonia on Thanksgiving, but as Remmy and I think about this matchup over the next 12 days, I'm sure we'll have a few changes.

Check out Kyle's take on how the Copper was won and Mark Jaffee's Naugy-Holy Cross game article.

I'll also make my new projections for the NVL playoff picture early next week. Right now: Ansonia's in; Naugy's in with a win over Ansonia and 95% out with a loss to Ansonia; Woodland and Sacred Heart should be in with wins on Thanksgiving Eve; Holy Cross will need chaos at the bottom of Class S to get in.