Likely Surprises and Disappointments in 2010

Surprises:

Copper: Naugatuck - Naugy will improve on their 4-6 record from 2009. With their arsenal of speed guys returning, they should score loads of points this year. Last year's situation at QB was quite scary for Naugy. Which leaves me wondering...how many games will they drop as a result of shaky QB play?

Brass: Derby - Naturally, I don't want to admit this. Football-wise, I'm comfortable with it. Derby will finish the season at 6-4 with a - mark it down - BIG win over Ansonia. - just kidding :) If that happens, I'll wear red for a day. Jacob Tomzcak is Derby's big-play threat and if he doesn't get going, Derby will have a tough road. The Raiders do have some skilled guys with size on the outside. If Kreiger can get the ball to these guys all year, teams will have trouble stopping Big Red.

Honorable mention: Sacred Heart - The Hearts will improve on their two-win season. Ifill is my pick for NVL player of the year (don't call me crazy).


Disappointments:

Copper: St. Paul -I think the Falcons will fall hard this season and finish-up at 3-7 or 4-4. They lost many of their skill guys on offense. They were very dynamic last season from what I witnessed. I don't see them traveling down the same road this year. I wanted to go with Woodland here, but I will wait until I see them during week one.

Brass: Seymour - Hate to do this to the 'Cats, but this is my gut feeling. I think Seymour will improve drastically in 2011, just not this year. That team was on the ropes last season and with a new cast of characters at QB, WR, and RB in 2010, my feeling is the 'Cats will have to take their licks before being a playoff contender once again.

Dis-honorable mention: Wilby - Awesome season last year. Pruden was great to watch. Not happening this year, sorry.


Feel free to agree or disagree.