It's almost here

The bleachers are IN at Nolan Field. You know what that means. It's about that time.



I caught a glimpse of the Chargers leaving the practice field this evening before my fun began at Nolan Field.

Some of these kids look like they weren't playing around in the weight room. I like that. Their first scrimmage is next week.

Just when you thought the Chargers were young, they got even younger. Caught wind of some good news a few weeks ago. There's not much to talk about yet, because this guy is just a freshman, but I'm sure he'll make some noise sooner or later. That's when you'll find out.

I will also be at the Derby scrimmage vs. Hamden Hall and the Seymour scrimmage at Shelton. The latter should be interesting, although it's only the first scrimmage for both teams. I haven't seen Seymour since they were shellacked by Woodland. Have they gotten better or worse? We'll see. I think Derby will only improve on what they did last season.

Kyle, any news on The Woods?