Monday Night Football

Are you ready for some football?

With one Week 3 NVL game yet to be played, we'll have the Crusaders (2-0) facing the Chargers (2-0) at 6
p.m., Monday, at Jarvis Stadium in Ansonia.

I saw some good football this weekend beginning with Woodland at Wolcott, Naugy at Derby, and Torrington at Seymour.
Wolcott is a tough squad but again, I was shocked at how Woodland stopped them during the first half. They took it to Wolcott early...just couldn't finish the Eagles off.

I wasn't too surprised by the outcome of Naugy and Derby. Same thing for Torrington-Seymour. Torrington is a talented squad being able to pound the ball on the ground over and over again. I think the sloppy conditions at DeBarber limited the Raiders from scoring 40+. If I'm being honest, they didn't look like an NVL championship-caliber team. Maybe it really was the conditions. I just feel they are very one-dimensional and if a very physical squad stops their running attack, it could get ugly. T-town plays Holy Cross next week at home...should be a good one there.
Seymour has some work to do. That's for sure. I thought they hung tough early. It was evident the Torrington defense was too much for the Cats, as Seymour had plenty of three-and-outs throughout the contest.

So it's the Crusaders and the Chargers - who ya got?