Torrington vs. Ansonia

(Updated 5/16/2011) I have been able to confirm this: Torrington will be facing Ansonia during week one at Jarvis Stadium - game time is set for 6 p.m. It's a Thursday night game!

The info I've gathered points to these squads facing off on Week 1. That still doesn't mean Seymour and EOB Tech can't be the game of the week (I know Kyle is partial to this game!).

This has the potential to be one of the biggest games in the NVL this year. At least on paper, it is. I'd expect a nice crowd at this one. I know that both coaching staffs would be excited to know they will face each other to start the season and it would be even better if the game was at Jarvis Stadium.

Ansonia's Arkeel Newsome has a lot to prove and Torrington's Brenden Lytton comes into the 2011 season as the NVL's top running back. Both teams have size and both teams have two quarterbacks that have improved their games. It would have been awesome to see Lytton face Dobbs, but I'll take Lytton vs. Newsome without a complaint.

Anyone have a feeling these teams might be playing each other the week before Turkey Day...?

Thoughts?