Ansonia Spring Football underway














Spring football has begun here in Ansonia. The Chargers are going into 2010 with a very young squad and many shoes to fill, as always.

I was expecting the offense to be a bit rustier than what I witnessed this afternoon. The passing game looked good for the first time out. Montrell Dobbs looked good at RB for the Chargers. That ankle problem he had last season doesn't seem to be hindering the Ansonia back. Chudwick was throwing some very nice passes today. Lester also took some snaps at QB and hit his WRs with pinpoint passes. He's more of a skill player than Chudwick is, so I expect Lester to get some time in the slot or at RB from time to time.

There were roughly 50 kids at the practice which consisted of various conditioning drills and a few offensive sets. I did not see anything on defense as I split right after the offense took the field.