NVL Basketball Thread

This is a football blog but I don't mind some basketball talk, being that we love the NVL, during the football off-season.

I was at the girls Pomperaug/Kolbe game this evening. Kolbe got thumped by about 30. However, the Kolbe boys pummeled Pomperaug on the road by 19 points, 69-51. I will be at a big game next week between highly-ranked Stratford vs. Kolbe (boys).

I kept an eye out on NVL scores this evening. The Holy Cross/St. Paul game was close throughout the night. Holy Cross was up by 5 at the half, 27-22. St. Paul made a run and was within one point with 1:22 left in the game, 48-47, and eventually took the lead and sealed the deal against the Crusaders. Final score was St. Paul 54 Holy Cross 51.

Ansonia won a good one against Wilby, 69-58. I saw Ansonia earlier this week at Woodland and they can shoot, especially Moe Brown. He can drain those threes like water. Sobin and Clarke are very tough inside. I think they are on the road to making states. It'll be cool if they meet Kolbe down the line in the Class S tourney. I'd love to see it...I just won't know which team to root for, haha.

Seymour was holding its own against Kennedy in the first half, only down 28-24, but Kennedy came back to put Seymour away in the second half and won big. Seymour's next stop - at Ansonia! Tuesday night!